BAKER’S GERMAN’S SWEET CHOCOLATE CAKE – MY FOOD AND FAMILY
Provided by: My Food and Family
Total time: 2 hours 25 minutes
Prep time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 40 minutes
Yield: 16 servings
|1 pkg. (4 oz.) BAKER'S GERMAN'S Sweet Chocolate|
|1/2 cup water|
|4 eggs, separated|
|2 cups flour|
|1 tsp. baking soda|
|1/4 tsp. salt|
|1 cup butter, softened|
|2 cups sugar|
|1 tsp. vanilla|
|1 cup buttermilk|
|1 recipe Coconut-Pecan Filling and Frosting|
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cover bottoms of 3 (9-inch) round pans with parchment; spray sides with cooking spray. Microwave chocolate and water in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1-1/2 to 2 min. or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring after 1 min. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Beat egg whites in small bowl with mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form; set aside. Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating well after each. Blend in melted chocolate and vanilla. Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating until well blended after each addition.
- Add egg whites; stir gently until well blended. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Immediately run small spatula around cakes in pans. Cool cakes in pans 15 min. Remove from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
- Prepare Coconut-Pecan Filling and Frosting http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/coconut-pecan-filling-frosting-51053.aspx ; spread between cake layers and onto top of cake.
Calories 630, FatContent 37 g, SaturatedFatContent 20 g, TransFatContent 0 g, CholesterolContent 150 mg, SodiumContent 350 mg, CarbohydrateContent 0 g, FiberContent 3 g, SugarContent 0 g, ProteinContent 8 g
CHOCOLATE TURTLE CAKE RECIPE – BETTYCROCKER.COM
Provided by: Betty Crocker Kitchens
Total time: 1 hours 50 minutes
Prep time: 25 minutes
|1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ devil’s food cake mix|
|Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box|
|1 bag (14 oz) caramels|
|1/2 cup evaporated milk|
|1 cup chopped pecans|
|1 bag (6 oz) semisweet chocolate chips (1 cup)|
|Ice cream or Whipped cream, if desired|
|Caramel and chocolate toppings, if desired|
|Chopped pecans, if desired|
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease or spray bottom of 13×9-inch pan.
- Make cake batter as directed on box. Pour half of the batter into pan. Bake 22 minutes. Refrigerate remaining batter.
- Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, heat caramels and evaporated milk over medium heat, stirring frequently, until caramels are melted. Stir in pecans. Pour caramel mixture over warm cake in pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Spread with remaining batter. Bake 25 to 28 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Run knife around sides of pan to loosen cake. Cool at least 30 minutes. Serve with ice cream, drizzle with toppings and sprinkle with pecans. Store loosely covered.
Calories 310 , CarbohydrateContent 40 g, CholesterolContent 35 mg, FatContent 3 , FiberContent 1 g, ProteinContent 4 g, SaturatedFatContent 4 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, SodiumContent 250 mg, SugarContent 24 g, TransFatContent 0 g