AFRICAN GINGER CAKE RECIPE – FOOD.COM
|2 cups flour, sifted|
|6 tablespoons sugar|
|3 teaspoons ginger|
|1/2 teaspoon red pepper, ground|
|1/2 cup butter, softened|
|1/2 cup water|
- Sift the dry ingredients together into a bowl.
- Rub in the fat thoroughly.
- Add the liquid and mix to a firm dough.
- Roll out on a floured board about 3/8 inch thick.
- Cut into rounds.
- Bake on a greased cookie sheet for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
Calories 101.8, FatContent 4.7, SaturatedFatContent 2.9, CholesterolContent 12.2, SodiumContent 41.1, CarbohydrateContent 13.5, FiberContent 0.4, SugarContent 3.8, ProteinContent 1.4
WEST AFRICAN LIME CAKE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: seattlelove
Categories: African Recipes
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
|1 cup white sugar|
|2 ½ tablespoons butter, softened|
|2 eggs, beaten|
|1 lime, juiced|
|1 ½ cups all-purpose flour|
|2 ¼ teaspoons baking powder|
|1 teaspoon chopped peanuts, or to taste|
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8×8-inch baking dish.
- Beat sugar and butter together until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes; beat in eggs and lime juice. Stir flour and baking powder into butter mixture until combined. Pour batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Garnish with chopped peanuts.
Calories 157.1 calories, CarbohydrateContent 29.1 g, CholesterolContent 37.4 mg, FatContent 3.5 g, FiberContent 0.5 g, ProteinContent 2.8 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.8 g, SodiumContent 98.5 mg, SugarContent 16.8 g
GATEAU AFRICAN CAKE – RECIPE
Provided by: Unilever Food Solutions
|600.0g 15 Yolks, 10 Egg Whites|
|450.0g Coarse Grain Sugar|
|350.0g All-Purpose Flour|
|50.0g Chocolate Powder|
|20.0g Corn Starch|
|100.0g Buttery Margarine|
|100.0g Cake Margarine|
|20.0g Chocolate Pasta|
|1.0tsp Vanilla Essence|
|160.0g Instant Custard|
|100.0g Fresh Cream|
|2.0pc Whole Eggs|
|100.0g Cheese Cream|
|400.0g Fresh Milk|
|0.0tsp Chocolate Powder|
|1.0pc Baking Sheet 25x25x7cm|
- Whisk egg yolks, egg whites, coarse grain sugar, and salt with high speed until they expanded, then mix it with flour, chocolate powder, corn starch and whisk them evenly. Turn off the mixer. Melt buttery margarine, cake margarine, chocolate pasta and vanilla essence, and then add it to the dough and stir them evenly. Pour ½ part of the dough into the baking sheet and steam it for 10 minutes. Whisk instant custard, fresh cream, whole eggs, cheese cream, and fresh milk evenly, and then pour it to the same baking sheet and then steam it for 10 minutes. Lastly, add the rest of the chocolate dough and steam it for 15 minutes, and then remove it from the baking sheets. Sprinkle the cake with chocolate powder and cut it into pieces.
BLACK FOREST CAKE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Linda Greer
Categories: Black Forest Cake
Total time: 2 hours 55 minutes
Prep time: 50 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Yield: 1 9-inch cake
|2 ⅛ cups all-purpose flour|
|2 cups white sugar|
|¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder|
|1 ½ teaspoons baking powder|
|¾ teaspoon baking soda|
|¾ teaspoon salt|
|1 cup milk|
|½ cup vegetable oil|
|1 tablespoon vanilla extract|
|2 (20 ounce) cans pitted sour cherries|
|1 cup white sugar|
|¼ cup cornstarch|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|3 cups heavy whipping cream|
|⅓ cup confectioners’ sugar|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans; line bottoms with parchment paper. Place a medium bowl in the refrigerator to chill.
- Whisk flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla; beat until combined. Pour cake batter into the prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the centers comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Cool layers in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Run a paring knife around edges to loosen and invert carefully onto racks to cool completely, 1 to 2 hours.
- While cake layers bake, drain cherries for topping, reserving 1/2 cup juice. Combine reserved juice, cherries, sugar, and cornstarch in a 2-quart saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly, over low heat until thickened. Stir in vanilla. Let cool at room temperature for 30 minutes. Transfer to the refrigerator to cool completely before assembling cake.
- Combine whipping cream and confectioners’ sugar for frosting in the chilled medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Split each cake layer in half horizontally using a long serrated knife. Tear one layer into crumbs; set aside. Gently brush loose crumbs off top and sides of remaining layers using a pastry brush or your hands. Reserve 1 1/2 cups frosting for piping decorations on cake; set aside.
- To assemble, place one cake layer on a cake plate. Spread with 1 cup frosting; top with 3/4 cup cherry topping. Top with second cake layer; repeat layers of frosting and cherry topping. Top with third cake layer and frost sides of cake.
- Pat reserved cake crumbs onto sides of cake. Spoon reserved 1 1/2 cups frosting into a pastry bag fitted with a star decorator tip. Pipe around top and bottom edges of cake. Spoon remaining cherry topping on top of cake.
- Store covered in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Calories 661.9 calories, CarbohydrateContent 86.9 g, CholesterolContent 129.6 mg, FatContent 33.9 g, FiberContent 3.4 g, ProteinContent 7.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 16 g, SodiumContent 341.9 mg, SugarContent 61.8 g