ROUGAIL TOMATE RECETTES RECIPE
|4 Toulouse sausages|
|4 hot dog sausages (Wiener sausages)|
|4 large onions (finely chopped)|
|8 large garlic cloves|
|10 to matoes (blanched, peeled and chopped)|
|1 tsp black peppercorns|
|1 tbsp fresh ginger (grated)|
|3 sprigs fresh thyme (leaves stripped off the stem)|
|3 sprigs fresh parsley|
|hot chili flakes (to taste)|
|salt (to taste)|
- Bring a pan of lightly-salted water to a taste. Pierce the sausages and hotdogs with a fork, add to the pan and cook for about 15 minutes, or until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- Crush the garlic, black peppercorns, ginger, salt, thyme and chili flakes to a smooth paste in a mortar.
- Cut the sausages into slices and add to a cooking pot.
- Stir in the spice mixture and add the tomatoes, onions and 1 cup of water. Bring to a simmer, cover the pot and cook gently for 90 minutes, topping up with water as needed.
- Serve hot garnished with chilies and accompanied with steamed rice.