PEACH MELBA EASY RECIPE – MY PARISIAN KITCHEN
Provided by: Florence RICHOMME
Categories: Fruit dessert
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
|6 peaches (ripe and tender)|
|1 bean vanilla|
|300 gr sugar|
|1,5 liter water|
|300 gr raspberries (fresh or frozen)|
|vanilla ice cream|
- Poach peaches
- Prepare raspberry sauce
PECHES MELBA RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
Provided by: EPICURIOUS.COM
Total time: 2 hr (includes cooling)
Cook time: 30 min
Yield: Makes 6 servings
|6 medium firm-ripe peaches (2 1/4 lb)|
|1 1/3 cups sugar|
|2 cups water|
|1 (1-inch) piece vanilla bean|
|1 (12-oz) package frozen raspberries (not in syrup), thawed|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|1/3 cup water|
|2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice|
|Accompaniment: 2 pt superpremium vanilla ice cream|
- Cut a shallow X in bottom of each peach with a sharp paring knife and immerse fruit in a 4-quart heavy pot (preferably wide) of boiling water 30 seconds, then transfer with a slotted spoon to a bowl of ice and cold water to stop cooking. Transfer peaches to a cutting board and peel, starting with cut end, then cut in half, discarding pits.
- Combine sugar and water in cleaned pot. Halve vanilla bean lengthwise with a paring knife and scrape seeds into pot, then add pod and bring mixture to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Add peaches, pitted sides down, to sugar syrup, then reduce heat and poach, covered, at a bare simmer 6 minutes. Turn peaches over and continue to poach, covered, until tender, 5 to 6 minutes more.
- Cool peaches in poaching liquid in pot, uncovered, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Force raspberries through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl, pressing hard on solids.
- Combine sugar and water in a small heavy saucepan. Cover pan (so condensation will wash any sugar crystals down side of pan) and bring to a boil, then remove lid and boil 2 minutes.
- Immediately stir sugar syrup into raspberry purée and cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. Stir in lemon juice. 3Serve peaches over ice cream and drizzled with sauce.