FILET DE BOEUF EN CROUTE RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 2 serving(s)
|2 nice-sized thick filet mignon steaks, 2 inches thick at least|
|2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened|
|fresh coarse ground black pepper|
|1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (optional if you don’t like garlic) (optional)|
|2 slices swiss cheese or 2 slices monterey jack cheese, thick|
|1 sheet puff pastry, rolled out just a little bit|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1 cup sour cream|
|1 -2 tablespoon horseradish, to your preference, and not the the cream style, the real deal|
|1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard (optional)|
- Trim any fat from the steaks, sprinkle with pepper, spread tops of each with 1 Tbl butter.
- In shallow roasting pan, bake in pre-heated oven, buttered side up, at 425º for 10 minutes.
- Place in fridge til cold.
- Roll out puff pastry a little and cut in half.
- Spread steaks with garlic, top with cheese.
- Place cheese side down onto center of pastry squares, fold pastry over, moisten edges and seal well.
- Place seam-side down onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Prick top with a fork, cover with plastic wrap, and re-chill for 1 hour.
- Beat egg with oil, and brush pastry with it.
- Bake in center of pre-heated 425º oven for 25 minutes for med-rare.
- Serve with horseradish sauce if desired.
- Serves 2.
Calories 1202.6, FatContent 98.6, SaturatedFatContent 39.4, CholesterolContent 210.2, SodiumContent 634.4, CarbohydrateContent 60.1, FiberContent 2.1, SugarContent 6, ProteinContent 21.2