ESCARGOT FRAIS RECETTES RECIPE
|200 gr of puff pastry|
|1 egg yolk whisked with water|
|30 ml (2 tablespoons) of butter|
|6 minced oyster mushrooms|
|1/2 package of 250 gr (1 1/2 cup) of Les Cultures de chez nous sliced leeks|
|5 ml (1 teaspoon) of chopped garlic|
|2 can of 115 gr each of washed and drained snails|
|60 ml (1/4 cup) of white wine|
|80 ml (1/3 cup) of chicken broth|
|125 ml (1/2 cup) of 15% cooking cream|
|150 gr of brie without crust|
|30 ml (2 tablespoons) of fresh chopped tarragon|
|Salt and pepper up to taste|
- Preheat oven at 190 °C (375 °F).
- Over a floured work surface
- lower puff pastry into a rectangle of 25 cm x 12
- 5 cm (10 inches x 5 inches). Brush pastry with egg yolk. Slice rectangle into two squares
- and each squares into diagonal to obtain four triangles.
- Lay triangles over a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Oven bake for 15 to 20 minutes
- until pastry browns.
- melt butter at medium heat in a casserole. Cook oyster mushrooms with leek and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add snails and white wine. Bring to a boil and cook 1 to 2 minutes
- until liquid reduce of three quarters.
- Add broth
- cream and brie. Simmer at medium-low heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add tarragon and seasoning.
- When serving
- slice pastries in two over thickness. Divide snails mixture over half of pastries. Cover with pastries remaining.
ESCARGOT RECETTES RECIPE
Provided by: Food Network
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
|1 pound escargot, in shell|
|1 stick butter, room temperature|
|1 shallot, minced|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
|2 tablespoons Italian parsley, minced|
|2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice|
|Salt and pepper|
|Serving suggestions: toasted piece of baguette or fresh tomato-basil sauce|
- Rinse the escargot under warm water, pat shells dry with a paper towel, then set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the butter, shallots, garlic, parsley, and lemon juice. Mix all ingredients well with a small spoon. Lightly season butter with salt and pepper, until desired taste is achieved.
- When butter is at desired flavor, begin to scoop a small amount of herb butter in each shell of escargot. If there is extra butter left over after each shell has been filled, go back and continue the process, adding extra butter, until all the butter has been used.
- Put the stuffed shells into the fridge and allow to sit for about 20 minutes, giving the butter enough time to solidify in shells. While the shells are in the fridge, set the oven to 350 degrees F.
- When the butter is solid in the shells, remove from fridge and transfer shells into an oven-safe pan. If possible, avoid placing shells on a sheet tray, as we want the snails to cook in the butter as much as possible. Cook snails for 15 minutes, max.
- Serve snails, in shells, on top of toasted pieces of baguette, or in a fresh tomato-based sauce.