PAN DE ELOTE (MEXICAN SWEET CORN CAKE) – MARICRUZ AVALOS KITCHEN …
Provided by: Maricruz
Total time: 80 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
|3 cups canned corn kernels (drained)|
|1 cup rice flour (read notes)|
|⅔ cup sugar|
|4 small eggs (whites and yolks separated)|
|2 Tbsp vegetable oil|
|1 stick -4 oz unsalted butter (softened)|
|¼ cup whole milk|
|1 ½ tsp baking powder|
|½ tsp baking soda|
|1 tsp vanilla extract|
|1 tsp cinnamon powder|
|¼ tsp salt|
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Butter and flour a square baking pan about 8 or 9-inch (21cm).
- Sift the rice flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon powder together. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor add corn, vanilla extract and milk. Process for 1 or 2 minutes at high and then set aside.
- In a mixer bowl add butter and sugar. Beat for 5 minutes at high or until you’ll have a fluffy and pale cream.
- Add one yolk and mix until combined, then add the other 2 yolks one at time and mixing between additions.
- Pour in the oil and mix to combine.
- Add to the bowl the flour mixture and mix.
- Add the corn mixture and combine everything with a spatula.
- Place egg whites and salt on a clean medium bowl, beat with your electric mixer at high until sift peaks form.
- Add egg whites to the bowl with batter and gently fold in to combine everything. Make slow movements from down to up, so the eggs whites won’t deflate.
- Place the batter on the baking pan you prepared before and use a spatula to level on top.
- Bake from 50 to 60 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the middle comes out clean and the cake is browned on top.
- Remove pan de elote from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes on the countertop, then carefully remove it from the baking dish and place it on a cooling rack.
Calories 485 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 61 g, ProteinContent 8 g, FatContent 24 g, SaturatedFatContent 8 g, TransFatContent 1 g, CholesterolContent 110 mg, SodiumContent 519 mg, FiberContent 3 g, SugarContent 26 g, UnsaturatedFatContent 14 g, ServingSize 1 serving
GRILLED ELOTE FLATBREAD RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 12 servings.
|2 medium ears sweet corn, husked|
|3 tablespoons olive oil, divided|
|1 pound fresh or frozen pizza dough, thawed|
|1/2 cup mayonnaise|
|1/3 cup crumbled Cotija cheese, divided|
|1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided|
|1 tablespoon lime juice|
|1/2 teaspoon chili powder|
|1/8 teaspoon pepper|
- Brush corn with 1 tablespoon oil. Grill corn, covered, over medium heat until lightly browned and tender, 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally. Cool slightly. Cut corn from cobs; transfer to a large bowl., On a lightly floured surface, roll or press dough into a 15×10-in. oval (about 1/4 in. thick); place on a greased sheet of foil. Brush top with 1 tablespoon oil., Carefully invert crust onto grill rack, removing foil. Brush top with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Grill, covered, over medium heat until bottom is golden brown, 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove from grill; cool slightly., Add mayonnaise, 3 tablespoons cheese, 3 tablespoons cilantro, lime juice, chili powder and pepper to corn; stir to combine. Spread over warm crust. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and cilantro.
Calories 211 calories, FatContent 13g fat (2g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 4mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 195mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, FiberContent 1g fiber), ProteinContent 5g protein.
PAN DE ELOTE FACIL (EASY CORN BREAD) RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: EnedinaV
Total time: 55 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Yield: 1 9×13-inch baking dish
|2 cups fresh sweet corn kernels|
|1 cup milk|
|1 cup butter, melted and cooled|
|1 cup white sugar|
|2 cups pancake mix, sifted|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Combine corn, milk, butter, sugar, and eggs in a blender; blend until smooth. Pour mixture into a bowl; stir in pancake mix until batter is well blended. Pour batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
Calories 235.7 calories, CarbohydrateContent 26.1 g, CholesterolContent 78.2 mg, FatContent 13.4 g, ProteinContent 3.6 g, SaturatedFatContent 7.9 g, SodiumContent 347.3 mg, SugarContent 13.3 g