EGYPTIAN CHICKEN PANNE (BREADED FRIED CHICKEN BREASTS) RECIPE …
Total time: 1 hours 10 minutes
Prep time: 1 hours
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 6 serving(s)
|4 boneless skinless chicken breasts|
|1 lemon, juice of|
|1 small onion (grated into liquid)|
|salt & pepper|
|1 cup fine breadcrumbs (you may use more or less)|
|oil (for frying)|
- Take and slice your chicken breasts into thinner slices. (Using a sharp knife, and holding one hand on top of breast, slice across horizontaly giving you a thinner sliced breast. So one breast should yield about 3 thinner pieces or so.).
- Put slices into glass mixing bowl or dish.
- Squeeze the juice of lemon onto chicken slices.
- Add the onion liquid (you can achieve liquid by blending onion in a blender or food processor).
- Add salt & pepper and cover with plastic wrap, put in refrigerator for at least an hour.
- When ready to fry, take a slice and dip into bowl filled with bread crumbs. Do this until all chicken is breaded, setting each slice on a plate. (I sometimes bread ahead of time, putting breaded slices into refrigerator until ready to fry, seems the coating stays alittle better this way.).
- Add oil in a large frying pan, not too much, just enough to cover bottom of each slice.
- Fry until golden brown on each side.
Calories 167.2, FatContent 3, SaturatedFatContent 0.7, CholesterolContent 50.4, SodiumContent 223.6, CarbohydrateContent 14.6, FiberContent 1, SugarContent 1.8, ProteinContent 19.3