DELISH MCDONALD’S HOLIDAY PIE COPYCAT RECIPE – THEFOODXP
Provided by: Yamini Rathore
Total time: 50 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
|1 ½ cup Wholegrain Flour|
|½ cup Cooking Oil|
|1 ½ cups White Flour|
|180 ml Cold Water|
|A pinch of Salt|
|2 tbsp Granulated Sugar|
|1 Large Egg|
|450 ml Skim Milk|
|1 Jell-O Instant Vanilla Mix|
|¼ cup Pillsbury Yellow Cake Mix|
|⅓ cup Jimmies Cake Sprinkles|
|1 Large Egg|
|2 tbsp Cake of Sprinkles|
- To Make Crust
- To Make Filling
- To Make McDonald’s Holiday Pies
Calories 270 kcal, FatContent 13 g, CarbohydrateContent 34 g, ProteinContent 4 g, SodiumContent 150 mg, FiberContent 4 g, SugarContent 15 g, ServingSize 1 serving
MCDONALD’S HOLIDAY PIE RECIPE
Provided by: Tiana Matson
|Yellow or white cake mix- optional|
|Instant vanilla pudding|
|Extra virgin olive oil|
- Preheat the oven- you can either use an air fryer or an oven. If you are using an oven, you need to preheat to at least 400 degrees.
- Make the crust- if the pie crust was rolled, unroll it and cut the edges of the crust [usually circular] to make rectangular-like pies.
- Add fillings to the crust- for each rectangular pie, add a creamy filling at the center, then seal the dough perfectly using a fork. At the edges of the crust, leave a little space. Remember to make a hole at the top of each pie, giving room for the steam to enter the pie.
- Brush egg wash on the crust- you need to make an egg wash and whisk them properly. Then brush it all over the crust of the holiday pie. The primary use of the egg wash is to ensure that the crust turns golden brown during baking. You can then add the sprinkles according to the appearance you want.
- Bake the pies- the pies should be baked for about 15 minutes in a preheated oven and at a constant temperature to prevent the crust from burning. It’s easy to know when the pies are ready as they will turn golden brown.
- Prepare the glaze- this is the final procedure, and all you need to do is combine sugar with milk. Depending on how thick you want the mixture to be, you can gradually add milk to get a perfect consistency.