COPYCAT CULVER’S INDULGENT BUTTER BURGERS RECIPE – RECIPES.NET
Provided by: Recipes.net Team
Total time: 2 hours 45 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
|1½ lb preferably sirloin ground beef|
|12 oz thinly sliced yellow onions|
|1¼ cup at room temperature, divided unsalted butter|
|½ cup beer of your choice|
|to season salt and ground black pepper|
|1 lb ground beef sirloin|
|6 split soft hamburger buns|
|⅓ cup water|
|shredded iceberg lettuce|
|sliced into rings tomatoes|
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter over medium heat in a wide skillet.
- Add onions and saute for 8 minutes or until caramelized.
- Deglaze with beer and reduce until the onions have completely absorbed the beer.
- Transfer into a small mixing bowl and set aside to cool down completely.
- Add the remaining butter, season with salt and pepper, and whisk until incorporated.
- Lay a sheet of parchment paper onto your working area, then place your mixed butter on top. Roll until it resembles a cylinder, molding as you roll.
- Tighten the ends and place your butter log in the chiller to firm up for at least an hour.
- While waiting, season your ground beef with salt and pepper, then mold into 8 patties, 4 ounces each.
- Place these onto a lined baking sheet and keep chilled for at least 30 minutes to hold the patties in shape.
- When the butter has firmed up, slice roughly 1-ounce disks. Make 4 discs and place the rest onto a mixing bowl and allow to soften.
- Place the butter disk on the middle of 1 beef patty, then place another beef patty on top.
- Lightly flatten and seal all openings, especially the edges.
- Keep these chilled to rest for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat both your oven and griddle pan to 360 degrees F. Then grease both a baking sheet and your griddle pan with cooking spray.
- Add your patties and grill for roughly 5 minutes per side until lightly caramelized on both sides.
- Place your griddled patties onto your baking sheet and roast up to your desired doneness, roughly 5 minutes for medium.
- Slice your burger buns in half then toast until lightly golden.
- Spread roughly 1 ounce of onion butter on the halves, plus roughly 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise for the top bun.
- Place the burger at the bottom bun, then add roughly 2 ounces of tomatoes and ¼ ounce of lettuce. Cover with the top bun then serve!
Calories 1,322.00kcal, CarbohydrateContent 41.00g, CholesterolContent 344.00mg, FatContent 100.00g, FiberContent 3.00g, ProteinContent 62.00g, SaturatedFatContent 53.00g, ServingSize 4.00 sandwiches, SodiumContent 525.00mg, SugarContent 8.00g, TransFatContent 5.00g, UnsaturatedFatContent 33.00g