THE BEST COPYCAT KRYSTAL BURGERS – [THE SHORTCUT METHOD FOR …
Provided by: Ronda Eagle | Kitchen Dreaming
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
|1 cup onion (, finely diced)|
|2 lbs ground beef (, 80/20)|
|2 tsp. kosher salt (more or less to taste)|
|1/2 tsp. black pepper (more or less to taste)|
|1/4 cup Water|
|1/4 cup Mustard (about 1 tsp each slider)|
|32 Dill pickle slices (2 per slider)|
|16 yeast dinner rolls (, sliced in half horizontally)|
|16 slices American Cheese (1 per slider)|
|16 strips Bacon (cut in half)|
- Pre-heat oven to 375 °F.
- Spread the finely diced onion onto a 11 x 17-inch baking sheet and set aside.
- Add ground beef, water, salt, and pepper to a large bowl and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Drop the meat mixture in even dollops on top of the onions. Carefully press the meat so that it covers the entire baking sheet. Try to spread it as thinly as possible – about 1/4 inch thickness.Alternatively, you could put the meat between two pieces or wax paper or plastic wrap and use a rolling pin to roll it out into an 11 x 17-inch rectangle and then add the meat on top of the onion layer.
- Score the meat mixture with either a sharp knife, pastry wheel, or pizza cutter. It doesn't have to be exact. You should end up with 16 sections. Do this by scoring the meat lengthwise down the center of the tray. Next score the meat widthwise across the middle. Then repeat the widthwise scores again scoring each section of meat in half again. Repeat this again and score each of the four sections widthwise again to end up with 16 sections. The sections will not be completely square.After cooking, there will be some shrinking of the meat as it releases fat and water and this is completely normal. The resulting patty will be a little smaller and fit on the slider bun perfectly
- Bake at 375 °F for approximately 12-15 minutes. There will be juices released as the meat and onions cook. Before plating, steam the buns in the microwave for about 10 seconds. To serve, add one burger patty, some onions, mustard, and two dill pickle slices to each burger.Alternatively, you may place the bottom half of each bun onto the burger meat and return to the oven for a minute to steam the bun. As you are serving, carefully flip each bottom bun and a burger with onions over onto the dinner plate and add the mustard and pickles and top with the other half of the bun. Both techniques result in a great-tasting Krystal burger.
- Serve immediately.
ServingSize 1 each, Calories 198 kcal, SugarContent 1 g, SodiumContent 640 mg, FatContent 9 g, SaturatedFatContent 3 g, TransFatContent 0.3 g, CarbohydrateContent 21 g, FiberContent 2 g, ProteinContent 9 g, CholesterolContent 20 mg, UnsaturatedFatContent 5 g
COPYCAT KRYSTAL (OR WHITE CASTLE) BURGERS RECIPE – PARADE …
Provided by: Shea Goldstein
Total time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
|1 lb. ground chuck or round|
|Dash Salt and pepper|
|3 tbsp salted butter|
|1 cup white onions, finely diced|
|12 American cheese slices|
|24 Pickle slices|
|12 squirts Mustard|
|1 package square slider buns, or dinner rolls|