TALL AND CREAMY NEW YORK CHEESECAKE – ART AND THE KITCHEN
Provided by: Laureen King
Total time: 140 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 120 minutes
|32 ounces cream cheese (4 packages) (room temperature)|
|5 large eggs (room temperature)|
|2 cups sour cream (room temperature)|
|8 tablespoon butter (room temperature)|
|1 1/2 cups sugar|
|2 tablespoon cornstarch|
|2 vanilla beans (can substitute 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract)|
|1 teaspoons fresh lemon juice|
- Tightly wrap 2 layers of aluminum foil around the outside of a 10 inch springform pan covering bottom and sides.
- Generously coat inside of pan with butter.
- Preheat oven to 300º F.
- Using an electric mixer with paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time until blended.
- Add sour cream and mix until smooth.
- Add sugar, cornstarch, vanilla and lemon juice, beat until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Pour into springform pan and place in a roasting pan large enough to prevent sides from touching.
- Place into oven and carefully pour boiling water into roasting pan to reach halfway up sides of springform pan. (be careful not to splash any water onto cake)
- Bake for 2 hours, or until cake is lightly browned on top. My oven is a convection oven, so bake time in regular oven may be longer.
- Remove from water bath (bain-marie), remove foil and cool completely at room temperature before unlatching and removing rim.
- Cover and refrigerate until well chilled (best to leave chill overnight). Cake must be well chilled to set properly.
- Serve plain or with berries and whipped cream or even caramel sauce.
Calories 538 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 30 g, ProteinContent 8 g, FatContent 43 g, SaturatedFatContent 24 g, CholesterolContent 211 mg, SodiumContent 374 mg, SugarContent 28 g, ServingSize 1 serving