MY GRANDMA’S NATURAL REMEDY FOR CONSTIPATION (STEWED PRUNES …
Total time: 31 minutes
Prep time: 1 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 15 stewed prunes, 1 serving(s)
|15 pitted prunes (dried plums)|
|1 1/2 cups water|
|1 -2 tablespoon orange juice (optional)|
|milk, as desired (optional)|
- In a small saucepan, place prunes, water, and orange juice. Bring to boil, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Prunes will absorb most of the water, and the remaining water will thicken into a consistency of syrup. If there is a lot of liquid remaining, simmer, uncovered, for a few minutes until sauce reduces.
- Transfer hot prunes and syrup to a bowl. Pour cold milk over the prunes to cover. Eat with a spoon.
- HINT: This remedy should work within 24 hours and can be safely eaten as often and as long as needed.
- NOTE: If you do not have constipation and just like the taste of stewed prunes, you may add 1/8 teaspoon of ground cinnamon to the prunes mixture before cooking (Cinnamon, oranges, and prunes pair well together.) However, do not add the cinnamon if you are using this for constipation because cinnamon is used as a natural cure for diarrhea and will have the opposite effect of a laxative.
- One cup prunes contains 1274 mg of potassium, which prevents muscle cramps, and 12 grams of fiber to relieve constipation.
Calories 0, FatContent 0, SaturatedFatContent 0, CholesterolContent 0, SodiumContent 10.7, CarbohydrateContent 0, FiberContent 0, SugarContent 0, ProteinContent 0