FABULOUS FIESTA CAKE RECIPE – BETTYCROCKER.COM
Provided by: Betty Crocker Kitchens
Total time: 4 hours 5 minutes
Prep time: 1 hours 0 minutes
|2 cups cake flour|
|1/2 cup unsweetened baking cocoa|
|2 teaspoons baking soda|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|2 cups packed brown sugar|
|2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened|
|1 tablespoon coffee-flavored liqueur|
|1/2 teaspoon vanilla|
|1 cup sour cream|
|3/4 cup boiling water|
|1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips|
|1 1/3 cups whipping cream|
|3 tablespoons granulated sugar|
|1/2 cup coffee-flavored liqueur|
|2 tablespoons vegetable oil|
|1 tablespoon vanilla|
|1 1/2 cups whipping cream|
|1 1/4 cups powdered sugar|
|1/3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa|
|1/2 teaspoon vanilla|
|Chocolate leaves or curls, if desired|
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottoms and sides of two 9-inch round cake pans; lightly flour. In medium bowl, mix flour, 1/2 cup cocoa, the baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat brown sugar and butter with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat on high speed until light and fluffy. Beat in 1 tablespoon liqueur and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Beat flour mixture and sour cream alternately into sugar mixture on low speed just until combined. Stir in boiling water until blended. Pour into pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely.
- In food processor, place chocolate chips; cover and process until finely ground. In 1-quart saucepan, heat 1/3 cup of the 1 1/3 cups whipping cream and the granulated sugar over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved and mixture is boiling. With food processor running, pour hot whipping cream through feed tube; process 10 to 20 seconds or until chocolate is completely melted. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add 1/2 cup liqueur, the oil and 1 tablespoon vanilla through feed tube; process 10 to 20 seconds or until creamy. Pour into large bowl; cool about 5 minutes or until room temperature.
- In chilled large bowl, beat remaining 1 cup whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed just until soft peeks form. Gently stir whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- In another chilled large bowl, beat all frosting ingredients except chocolate leaves with electric mixer on high speed until stiff.
- Split each cake horizontally to make 2 layers. Place 1 layer on serving plate; spread with one-third of the mousse. Repeat with remaining layers. Frost side and top of cake with frosting. Garnish with chocolate leaves. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours but no longer than 24 hours before serving. Store in refrigerator.
Calories 585 , CarbohydrateContent 71 g, CholesterolContent 115 mg, FiberContent 3 g, ProteinContent 6 g, SaturatedFatContent 18 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, SodiumContent 290 mg
MEXICAN CHOCOLATE MOUSSE – FIESTA BLOG
Provided by: HLCFiesta
|1-1/2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips|
|1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces)|
|1/2 teaspoon cinnamon|
|1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1-3/4 cups heavy whipping cream|
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave at 30 second intervals until melted, stopping to stir in between.Stir in the sweetened condensed milk, cinnamon, and vanilla and set aside.With an electric mixer, whip heavy cream until soft peaks form.Gently fold whipped cream into the chocolate mixture until blended. Spoon into serving bowls and refrigerate for an hour until set.