MAKE CHICKEN PAELLA IN UNDER AN HOUR RECIPE | COOKING LIGHT
Provided by: Cooking Light
Total time: 55 minutes
Yield: Serves 8 (serving size: 1 chicken thigh and about 1/2 cup rice mixture)
|1 teaspoon grated lemon rind|
|2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice|
|1/2 teaspoon saffron threads, crushed|
|3 tablespoons olive oil|
|8 (6-oz.) skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs, divided|
|1 teaspoon black pepper|
|1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided|
|1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion|
|1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme|
|5 garlic cloves, minced|
|1 1/2 cups uncooked Bomba rice|
|1/3 cup dry white wine|
|3 cups unsalted chicken stock|
|2 cups frozen green peas|
|1 red bell pepper, torn into pieces|
|3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley|
- Stir together lemon rind, juice, and saffron in a small bowl; set aside. Heat oil in a 13- to 15-inch paella pan or skillet with lid over medium-high. Sprinkle chicken with black pepper and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Add 4 chicken thighs to pan; cook, skin side down, until golden brown, about 6 minutes. Turn chicken over; cook until browned, about 3 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate; repeat with remaining 4 chicken thighs. Add onion, thyme, and garlic to pan; cook, stirring often, 4 minutes. Add rice; cook, stirring often, 2 minutes. Add wine; cook until reduced by about half, about 2 minutes. Stir in lemon juice mixture, stock, and remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt. Nestle chicken, skin side up, into rice. Cover and reduce heat to medium; simmer until rice is just al dente, about 18 minutes. Uncover pan. Add peas and red pepper pieces. Increase heat to medium-high; cook until rice begins to brown on the bottom and edges of pan, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with parsley; serve with lemon wedges.
Calories 459, CarbohydrateContent 38 g, FatContent 18 g, FiberContent 4 g, ProteinContent 40 g, SaturatedFatContent 4 g, SodiumContent 569 mg, SugarContent 4 g, UnsaturatedFatContent 14 g
CHICKEN AND CHORIZO PAELLA RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
Provided by: Jamie Oliver
Total time: 50 minutes
|2 cloves of garlic|
|½ a bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley (15g)|
|70 g quality chorizo|
|2 free-range chicken thighs skin off, bone out|
|1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika|
|1 red pepper|
|1 tablespoon tomato purée|
|1 organic chicken stock cube|
|300 g paella rice|
|100 g frozen peas|
|200 g frozen peeled cooked prawns from sustainable sources|
- Peel and finely slice the garlic, peel and roughly chop the onion and carrot. Finely chop the parsley stalks, then roughly chop the chorizo and chicken thighs.
- Put a lug of oil into a large lidded shallow casserole or paella pan on a medium heat, add the garlic, onion, carrot, parsley stalks, chorizo, chicken and paprika, and fry for around 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Deseed and chop the pepper, then add to the pan for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir through the tomato purée and crumble in the stock cube, then add the rice and stir for a couple of minutes so it starts to suck up all that lovely flavour.
- Pour in 750ml of boiling water and add a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Pop the lid on and bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes, stirring regularly from the outside in and from the inside out, and adding a splash of water if needed.
- Stir in the peas and prawns, replace the lid, and cook for a further 5 minutes, or until hot through.
- Season to perfection, then chop the parsley leaves, scatter them over the paella, and serve with lemon wedges on the side for squeezing over.
Calories 494 calories, FatContent 12 g fat, SaturatedFatContent 3.3 g saturated fat, ProteinContent 26.5 g protein, CarbohydrateContent 75.7 g carbohydrate, SugarContent 8.5 g sugar, SodiumContent 1.6 g salt, FiberContent 5.7 g fibre
EASY PAELLA RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: mls
Total time: 1 hours 0 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|1 tablespoon ground paprika|
|2 teaspoons dried oregano|
|salt and ground black pepper to taste|
|2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 2 inch pieces|
|2 tablespoons olive oil, divided|
|3 cloves garlic, crushed|
|1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes|
|2 cups uncooked short-grain white rice|
|1 pinch saffron threads|
|1 large bay leaf|
|½ bunch Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped|
|1 quart chicken stock|
|2 medium lemons, zested|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|1 medium Spanish onion, chopped|
|1 medium red bell pepper, coarsely chopped|
|1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|1 pound chorizo sausage, casings removed and crumbled|
- Mix olive oil, paprika, oregano, salt, and pepper for marinade in a glass bowl.
- Begin paella: Add chicken and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet or paella pan over medium heat. Stir in garlic and pepper flakes, then stir in rice. Cook and stir until rice is coated with oil, about 3 minutes.
- Add saffron threads, bay leaf, parsley, chicken stock, and lemon zest. Stir until well combined and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, heat olive oil in a separate skillet over medium heat. Stir in marinated chicken and cook for 3 minutes. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and sausage; cook and stir, breaking sausage up with a spatula, for 5 minutes. Add shrimp; cook and stir until shrimp are bright pink on the outside and the meat is opaque, about 2 minutes.
- Spread rice mixture onto a serving tray. Top with meat and seafood mixture.
Calories 736.2 calories, CarbohydrateContent 45.7 g, CholesterolContent 202.5 mg, FatContent 35.1 g, FiberContent 2.9 g, ProteinContent 55.7 g, SaturatedFatContent 10.3 g, SodiumContent 1204.2 mg, SugarContent 1.9 g