BEST CHICKEN PASTA SALAD RECIPE
Provided by: DELISH.COM
Categories: low sugar,nut-free,easy chicken,feed a crowd,Fourth of July,poultry,side dish
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0S
Yield: 8 servings
|1 lb. fusilli pasta|
|2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)|
|1 tsp. garlic powder|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
|1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil|
|4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled|
|2 c. halved grape tomatoes|
|2 c. spinach, packed|
|1/2 c. crumbled feta|
|1/4 red onion, thinly sliced|
|2 tbsp. freshly chopped dill|
|1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil|
|3 tbsp. red wine vinegar|
|1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
|1 tbsp. dijon mustard|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook fusilli according to package directions until al dente. Drain and transfer to large bowl.
- Season chicken breasts with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Cook chicken until golden and cooked through, 8 minutes per side. Let rest 10 minutes, then cut into 1″ pieces.
- Meanwhile, make dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, Italian seasoning, garlic, and mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
- In the large bowl with the pasta, toss together all remaining ingredients. Pour dressing over salad, toss until coated, and serve.
CHICKEN NOODLE SALAD RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Chef John
Categories: Spaghetti Pasta Salad
Total time: 2 hours 35 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|3 cloves garlic, crushed|
|½ cup seasoned rice vinegar|
|1 tablespoon soy sauce|
|1 tablespoon fish sauce|
|1 tablespoon brown sugar|
|1 tablespoon Sriracha chile sauce|
|1 tablespoon hoisin sauce|
|1 teaspoon sesame oil|
|1 cooked chicken breast|
|1 (8 ounce) package spaghetti|
|1 cup grated carrots|
|1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced|
|4 green onions, thinly sliced|
|½ cup chopped roasted, salted peanuts|
|⅓ cup chopped fresh basil|
|⅓ cup chopped fresh mint|
|⅓ cup chopped cilantro|
- Whisk garlic, rice vinegar, soy sauce, fish sauce, brown sugar, Sriracha, hoisin, and sesame oil together in a mixing bowl for the dressing.
- Tear chicken apart into strands similar in width to the spaghetti. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Transfer spaghetti to a mixing bowl; add the chicken, carrots, bell pepper, and green onions. Pour in the dressing and toss by hand until well combined. Seal the surface of the salad with plastic wrap and refrigerate, tossing occasionally, for 2 to 12 hours, the longer the better.
- Add peanuts, basil, mint, and cilantro to the salad. Toss well; taste and adjust for seasoning.
Calories 441.3 calories, CarbohydrateContent 64.5 g, CholesterolContent 18.4 mg, FatContent 12 g, FiberContent 5.5 g, ProteinContent 20 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.8 g, SodiumContent 1543.2 mg, SugarContent 16.1 g