CHICKEN A LA ROMA RECIPE – FOOD.COM
This is a very flexible recipe, adaptable to suit your taste. Try in a crock pot too! recettes pizza maison recettes.
Total time: 1 hours
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6-8 serving(s)
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|2 lbs boneless chicken breasts or 2 lbs boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1 in. to 1 1/2 in pieces|
|1/2 lb mushroom, sliced|
|1/2 large onions or 3/4 cup green onion, sliced|
|1 tablespoon garlic, minced|
|6 roma tomatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped|
|1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained|
|1/2 cup dry white wine or 1/2 cup chicken broth|
|1 -2 tablespoon chicken bouillon granule|
|1 tablespoon dry parsley flakes|
|1 teaspoon dried basil or 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped|
|1 teaspoon oregano|
|1 tablespoon capers (optional)|
|ground pepper, to taste|
|1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered|
|1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup|
|8 -12 ounces penne pasta, cooked as directed on pkg|
|4 ounces parmesan cheese, grated|
- In a large skillet, over high heat, brown chicken pieces in oil. Remove from skillet, reduce heat to medium, add onions, mushrooms and garlic. Cook until soft, add chopped tomatoes and cook about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken to mixture in skillet, stirring in olives, wine, bouillon, herbs, spices and artichokes.
- Bring to bubbling, reduce heat and cover with lid. Simmer until chicken is tender (about 30 minutes).
- Carefully stir in mushroom soup.
- Arrange cooked pasta in large pasta bowl, pour chicken mixture over center. Sprinkle with cheese. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Calories 632.6, FatContent 29.2, SaturatedFatContent 9, CholesterolContent 113.6, SodiumContent 1017, CarbohydrateContent 44.4, FiberContent 7.5, SugarContent 4.4, ProteinContent 45.7
CHICKEN ALLA ROMANA – MARICRUZ AVALOS KITCHEN BLOG
Provided by: Maricruz
Categories: main dish
Total time: 95 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 70 minutes
|2 lb chicken (cut into pieces)|
|1.1 lb fresh tomatoes|
|1 ½ lb bell peppers (cut into chunks 1.5-inch)|
|1 medium onion (thinly sliced)|
|1 cup white wine|
|1 garlic clove (peeled and lightly smashed)|
|1 Tbsp fresh marjoram (chopped)|
|3 Tbsp Extravirgin olive oil|
|salt and pepper|
- Boil the tomatoes for 2 minutes. Leave them to cool a bit then peel them, cut them in halves and discard the seeds. .
- Chop them finely and place it in a bowl with all juices.
- In a braiser pan heat up three tablespoons of extravirgin olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Brown the chicken for about 20 minutes.
- Pour in the wine over the chicken and let it evaporate (about 5 minutes).
- When you hear the meat sizzling again, make room in the center and add onions, garlic and marjoram. Sauté for a couple of minutes, until you’ll see the onions start to soften. Discard garlic.
- Add bell peppers and sauté until soft. Push them to the bottom of the pan placing the chicken on top so they will cook evenly.
- Add tomatoes, mix and cook for one minute. Pour a glass of water, season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Low heat to the lowest, cover the pan and cook for 30 minutes mixing from time to time.
Calories 464 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 20 g, ProteinContent 23 g, FatContent 28 g, SaturatedFatContent 6 g, TransFatContent 1 g, CholesterolContent 82 mg, SodiumContent 94 mg, FiberContent 6 g, SugarContent 12 g, UnsaturatedFatContent 20 g, ServingSize 1 serving
ROMAN STYLE CHICKEN RECIPE | POLLO ALLA ROMANA CON PEPERONI
Provided by: Nonna Box
Total time: 60 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 55 minutes
|4 chicken leg quarters|
|4 bell peppers (yellow, orange, red, green. Cut in thick strips)|
|1 cup tomato sauce (fresh)|
|1 cup basil leaves (fresh)|
|5 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (divided)|
|4 large garlic cloves (smashed)|
|1/2 cup dry white wine (like pinot grigio)|
|1/4 teaspoon dried oregano|
|1 teaspoon dried rosemary|
|1 teaspoon dried sage|
|to taste Salt|
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat and add 4 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- In a small bowl, combine the dry herbs with salt and pepper.
- Coat each piece of chicken with 1 1/2 teaspoons of olive oil.
- Sprinkle the spice rub over the chicken and massage well.
- Place the chicken skin-side down in the skillet and cook for 6 minutes or until browned. Turn the chicken over and cook for 1 additional minute. Transfer to a dish and set aside.
- Add the garlic to the pan and sauté for 1 minute, stiring continuously. Stir in the bell peppers, salt and pepper, and half of the basil.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Uncover, add the tomato sauce and wine, and cook until the alcohol evaporates.
- Transfer the peppers and sauce to a roasting pan, add the chicken, and bake for 45-50 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Remove from the oven, add the rest of the basil, cover with foil, and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Calories 2276 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 51 g, ProteinContent 103 g, FatContent 175 g, SaturatedFatContent 36 g, CholesterolContent 566 mg, SodiumContent 1758 mg, FiberContent 14 g, SugarContent 31 g, ServingSize 1 serving