EASY TO MAKE CHICKEN DEMI-GLACE RECIPE – THEFOODXP
Provided by: Yamini Rathore
Categories: Dips and Sauces
Total time: 790 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 780 minutes
|1 lb. Chicken Wings|
|3 qt. Cold Water|
|1 cup White Wine|
|1 ½ cup Chopped Onions|
|1 cup Chopped Carrot|
|¼ cup Chopped Celery|
|¼ cup Chopped Leek|
|1 tablespoon White Peppercorns|
|1 Bay leaves|
|1 tablespoon Salt|
- Begin with sautéing the veggies and roasting it well with the chicken wings and bones. Add a splash of red wine and salt to your taste.
- Then boil it on a simmer flavor for 12 hours until the flavors are extracted from the chicken bones and all other veggies.
- Now, skim the surface and strain off the excess chicken, veggies, and other solids
- Boil the stock again for about an hour.
- Once you see thick consistency, let it cool down. Then put it in the refrigerator or pour it in the ice tray to form the cubes.
Calories 106 kcal, FatContent 5 g, CholesterolContent 8 mg, SodiumContent 210 mg, CarbohydrateContent 12 g, ProteinContent 4 g, SugarContent 1 g, ServingSize 1 serving
EASY CHICKEN DEMI-GLACE RECIPE – KITCHEN TRICKS
Provided by: Franco Salzillo
CHEF JOHN’S CHEATER DEMI-GLACE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Chef John
Total time: 15 hours 30 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 hours 20 minutes
Yield: 2 quarts
|1 tablespoon vegetable oil|
|3 ribs celery, chopped|
|2 onions, chopped (including skins)|
|2 carrots, chopped|
|3 tablespoons tomato paste|
|5 pounds whole chicken wings|
|3 (1 inch thick) slices beef shank|
|6 quarts cold water|
|1 bay leaf|
|½ teaspoon whole black peppercorns|
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Oil a large roasting pan with vegetable oil. Place celery, onions, and carrots in the pan. Drizzle tomato paste over the vegetables; toss together. Arrange chicken wings and beef shanks on the vegetables.
- Bake in preheated oven 45 minutes. Turn chicken and beef pieces. Continue roasting until mixture is very well browned and even a bit charred here and there, another 30 to 40 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a large stock pot along with pan juices. Add 6 quarts cold fresh water, bay leaf, and peppercorns. Bring to a simmer over high heat; reduce heat to low to maintain a gentle simmer with small bubbles and very little movement. Simmer until meat is falling off the bone and flavor is extracted from the chicken and beef, 12 to 14 hours. Remove from heat.
- Strain out all solids. Return pot to heat and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce to about 2 quarts, or by 50 percent. Strain liquid though a strainer into a container; press down solids in strainer to extract all the liquid.
- Bring to room temperature before covering; refrigerate. When demi-glace has solidified, gently use a spatula to scrape off any fat that has collected at the top.
Calories 316.9 calories, CarbohydrateContent 9 g, CholesterolContent 75.8 mg, FatContent 18.6 g, FiberContent 2.1 g, ProteinContent 27.4 g, SaturatedFatContent 5.5 g, SodiumContent 170.8 mg, SugarContent 4.4 g