TOMATO-BASIL PASTA WITH FRESH MOZZARELLA RECIPE – BETTYCROCKER.COM
Provided by: Betty Crocker Kitchens
Total time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)|
|4 cloves garlic, finely chopped|
|1 can (28 oz) Muir Glen™ organic whole peeled tomatoes, undrained, cut up|
|1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves|
|3 cups uncooked rigatoni, penne or ziti pasta (8 oz)|
|8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes|
|1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted|
- In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until onion is crisp-tender. Stir in tomatoes. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Stir in basil.
- Meanwhile, cook and drain pasta as directed on box.
- Stir pasta into sauce. Cook until thoroughly heated. Into large serving bowl, pour pasta and sauce. Gently stir in cheese and pine nuts.
Calories 640 , CarbohydrateContent 79 g, CholesterolContent 50 mg, FatContent 1 , FiberContent 8 g, ProteinContent 26 g, SaturatedFatContent 10 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, SodiumContent 820 mg, SugarContent 9 g, TransFatContent 0 g
MOZZARELLA & CHILLI CROSTINI | BREAD RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
Provided by: Jamie Oliver
Total time: 5 minutes
|3×150 g buffalo mozzarella balls|
|1 red chilli|
|freshly ground black pepper|
|extra virgin olive oil|
|a little fresh basil|
- Tear 3 x 150g balls of buffalo mozzarella into quarters, then top each of your hot crostini with one of the quarters. Deseed and finely chop a fresh red chilli and sprinkle this over the mozzarella. Add a little seasoning and finish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Lovely with a little fresh basil torn over.
- See my crostini recipe.
Calories 172 calories, FatContent 10.0 g fat, SaturatedFatContent 7.1 g saturated fat, ProteinContent 9.1 g protein, CarbohydrateContent 12.1 g carbohydrate, SugarContent 1.0 g sugar, SodiumContent 0.69 g salt, FiberContent 0.8 g fibre
BUFFALO CHICKEN MOZZARELLA STICKS RECIPE BY TASTY
Provided by: Vaughn Vreeland
Yield: 16 sticks
|8 oz cream cheese, softened|
|2 cups cooked and shredded chicken|
|½ cup buffalo sauce|
|2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese|
|1 cup shredded cheddar cheese|
|1 oz dry ranch dressing mix, 1 packet|
|2 cups all-purpose flour|
|6 eggs, beaten|
|3 cups seasoned bread crumbs|
|peanut or vegetable oil, for frying|
|ranch dressing, for serving|
- Line an 8×8-inch (20 x 20-cm) baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, chicken, hot sauce, cheeses, and ranch dressing mix with a fork until smooth and evenly mixed. Transfer to the prepared baking dish and smooth it with a spatula so that it’s spread evenly in the dish. Freeze until solid, at least 1 hour.
- Working quickly, remove the solid mixture from the sheet and cut into 4×1-inch (10×3-cm) rectangles. (There should be 16 total.)
- Bread each stick by coating in flour, then dredging in egg, and then dipping in bread crumbs. Dip once more in the egg, then once more in the bread crumbs, and transfer to a baking dish.
- Heat the oil in a large pot until it reaches 375˚F (190˚C).
- Carefully lower 3 or 4 of the coated sticks into the oil and fry for about 30 seconds, until golden brown. Continue this until all of the sticks are fried.
- Serve warm with ranch.
Calories 436 calories, CarbohydrateContent 42 grams, FatContent 18 grams, FiberContent 2 grams, ProteinContent 21 grams, SugarContent 3 grams