BRAISED CHICKEN WITH LEMON AND OLIVES RECIPE – NYT COOKING
Provided by: David Tanis
Total time: 1 hours 45 minutes
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
|8 chicken thighs, skin-on and bone-in, about 3 1/2 pounds|
|Salt and pepper|
|1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes|
|6 garlic cloves, minced|
|1/2 teaspoon crushed fennel seeds|
|1 tablespoon roughly chopped rosemary|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|2 Meyer lemons, cut in wedges|
|1 cup flavorful olives with pits, a mixture of black and green, about 1 pound|
|1 cup chicken broth|
|3 tablespoons chopped parsley|
- Pat chicken thighs dry with paper towels. Season well with salt and pepper and place in an earthenware baking dish in one layer, skin side up. Sprinkle with red pepper, garlic, fennel and rosemary and drizzle with olive oil. Rub seasoning into thighs on all sides. Tuck lemon wedges here and there. Let marinate for 15 minutes. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Put baking dish in oven, uncovered, and roast until skin browns lightly, about 20 minutes. Scatter olives evenly over chicken and add broth. Cover tightly and bake for 1 hour, until meat is very tender when probed with a skewer.
- Remove thighs and lemon wedges and arrange on a platter. Keep warm. Pour pan juices into a saucepan and quickly skim fat from surface. Over high heat, simmer rapidly until reduced by half. Spoon juices over chicken, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
@context http//schema.org, Calories 510, UnsaturatedFatContent 25 grams, CarbohydrateContent 7 grams, FatContent 38 grams, FiberContent 2 grams, ProteinContent 35 grams, SaturatedFatContent 10 grams, SodiumContent 666 milligrams, SugarContent 1 gram, TransFatContent 0 grams
LEMON-HERB BRAISED CHICKEN THIGHS RECIPE – PILLSBURY.COM
Provided by: Pillsbury Kitchens
Total time: 2 hours 0 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
|8 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs (3 to 3 1/2 lb)|
|2 teaspoons olive oil|
|3/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon pepper|
|1 cup Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz container)|
|1 tablespoon grated lemon peel and 2 tablespoons lemon juice (from 1 large lemon)|
|1 tablespoon whole grain mustard|
|1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves|
|2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic|
|2 tablespoons chopped Italian (flat-leaf) parsley|
- Heat oven to 300°F. Heat 4- to 5-quart ovenproof Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Rub chicken with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Add half of the chicken pieces (skin side down) to Dutch oven, and cook, without moving, 4 to 6 minutes or until skin is browned and chicken releases easily from surface. Remove chicken from Dutch oven, and place on plate. Repeat for remaining chicken. Pour off drippings from Dutch oven.
- Add chicken broth, 2 teaspoons of the grated lemon peel, the lemon juice, mustard, thyme and garlic; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes, scraping up brown bits. Remove from heat, and return chicken to Dutch oven, skin side up (along with any juices that may have accumulated on plate).
- Cover; place in oven. Bake 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until chicken is very tender. Remove chicken to serving platter; transfer broth mixture to 2-cup glass measuring cup. With spoon, skim fat from top of broth mixture, and discard.
- Serve chicken with broth mixture; garnish with remaining 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel and the parsley.
Calories 200 , CarbohydrateContent 1 g, CholesterolContent 120 mg, FatContent 0 , FiberContent 0 g, ProteinContent 25 g, SaturatedFatContent 3 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, SodiumContent 460 mg, SugarContent 0 g, TransFatContent 0 g