PESTO VERT RECETTES RECIPE
|½ a clove garlic|
|1 big bunch of fresh basil|
|1 handful of pine nuts|
|1 good handful of freshly grated Parmesan cheese|
|extra virgin olive oil|
|1 lemon optional|
- Peel the garlic, then pound in a pestle and mortar with a pinch of sea salt.
- Pick, roughly chop and add the basil leaves, then bash to a paste (or pulse in a food processor).
- Add the pine nuts (very lightly toast first, if you like) to the mixture and pound again, then stir in half the Parmesan.
- Drizzle in some oil – you need just enough to bind the sauce and get it to an oozy consistency.
- Add most of the remaining cheese, then season to perfection with salt and black pepper. Have a taste, and keep adding a bit more cheese or oil until you are happy with the taste and consistency.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice at the end to give it a little twang, if you like, but it’s not essential.
Calories 97 calories, CarbohydrateContent 0.8 g carbohydrate, FatContent 8.8 g fat, FiberContent 0.1 g fibre, ProteinContent 3.5 g protein, SaturatedFatContent 1.6 g saturated fat, SodiumContent 0.6 g salt, SugarContent 0.2 g sugar