GINGER SCALLION TRIPE (DIM SUM STYLE) RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 3 hours 15 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 3 hours
Yield: 6 , 4-6 serving(s)
|3 lbs tripe (book or bible or towel tripe, not honeycomb tripe)|
|40 ounces chicken broth (for boiling)|
|40 ounces water|
|3 ounces ginger, divided (sliced and juilenned)|
|6 stalks scallions, divided (2 stalks julienned)|
|2 garlic cloves, divided, smashed|
|1 teaspoon sesame oil|
|1 cup rice wine, divided|
|1 teaspoon white pepper|
|1 tablespoon salt|
|3 dried red chili peppers|
|2 tablespoons peanut oil|
|3/4 cup chicken broth|
|2 tablespoons cornstarch|
- Clean the tripe well under running water.
- Place the whole pieces of tripe in a large pot and fill with chicken stock, water, 2 1/2 ounces of the sliced ginger, 4 scallion stalks, 1 garlic clove, sesame oil, 1/2 cup of the rice wine, white pepper, salt and the dried chilil peppers.
- Place the pot over high heat and bring to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer and continue to simmer for 2-3 hours. Check for doneness by piercing tripe with a fork. Tripe should be tender but easily sliced with a knife, not rubbery.
- Drain the tripe and slice into 1 inch strips. Discard broth.
- In a wok, heat peanut oil on medium high heat.
- Add and sautee the garlic clove, 1/2 ounce of julienned ginger, and 2 julienned scallions. About 2 minutes.
- Add the tripe and remaining 1/2 cup rice wine. Simmer for 2 minutes. Discard the garlic clove.
- Make a slurry with the chicken broth and cornstarch. Add mixture to wok. Stir to thicken. About 2 minutes. Serve with rice.
Calories 592.4, FatContent 23.7, SaturatedFatContent 6.7, CholesterolContent 413.6, SodiumContent 3188.3, CarbohydrateContent 25.8, FiberContent 3.6, SugarContent 2.4, ProteinContent 50.7
CHINESE BEEF TRIPE WITH GINGER AND GARLIC
Provided by: mischka0316
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|1 lb Beef tripe|
|2 tbsp Ginger sliced|
|3 cloves Garlic sliced|
|1/2 Red pepper|
|2 cups Scallion|
|2 tbsp Cooking oil|
|1 tsp Salt|
|1/2 tsp Sugar|
|1/2 tbsp Dark soy sauce|
|1/4 tsp Sesame oil|
|1 tbsp Corn starch in 1/4 cup water|
- 1. Wash beef tripe in cold water. 2. In a pot with 6 cups boiling water, put tripe in. Boil trip for 45 minutes to 2 hours. 3. Remove tripe and rinse with cold water. Cut tripe into bite size pieces. 4. Preheat frying pan with 2 tablespoons cooking oil. 5. Add ginger and garlic and stir fry for 1 minute. 6. Put beef tripe into pan. Add salt, sugar, dark soy sauce and sesame oil. Stir fry to make sure ingredients are mixed well together. 7. Add red peppers and stir fry for 1 minute. 8. Add green onion and mix in cornstarch solution to thicken sauce. Enjoy!
Calories 1128 calories, FatContent 68.1462409694819 g, CarbohydrateContent 27.8604906885761 g, CholesterolContent 294.8350405 mg, FiberContent 7.48016641903398 g, ProteinContent 99.793117172258 g, SaturatedFatContent 18.1514337516592 g, ServingSize 1 1 Serving (761g), SodiumContent 1106.51456576382 mg, SugarContent 20.3803242695421 g, TransFatContent 5.2182525826659 g
BEEF TRIPE – 牛柏葉 – (EASY RECIPE INCLUDED) – DIM SUM GUIDE
Provided by: Dim Sum Guide