BEE POLLEN GOLDEN MILK NO-CHURN ICE CREAM
Provided by: The Hungry Bites
Total time: 50 minutes
Prep time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
|1/2 cup powdered milk|
|1/2 cup whole milk, warm|
|1/2 cup heavy cream, 35% fat|
|1 tablespoon cornstarch|
|2 tablespoons whole milk, cold|
|1 tablespoon vanilla|
|1-2 teaspoons turmeric (if you’re new to turmeric use 1 teaspoon)|
|1/2 teaspoon cinnamon|
|Pinch of pepper|
|1/2 teaspoon lemon zest|
|1-2 tablespoons bee pollen|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|Pinch of salt|
|2 cups heavy cream, 35% fat, very cold|
|1 can sweet condensed milk, cold|
- *Though it is not necessary, for the best texture you’ll need to use a blender to mix powdered milk with milk and cream.
- Blend together (or mix in a pot) the warm milk, the powdered milk, the 1/2 cup of cream, the turmeric, the cinnamon, the pepper, the lemon zest, the salt, and the olive oil. When everything is mixed, transfer the mixture to a pot.
- In a small cup mix the 2 tablespoons of cold milk with the corn flour and stir until dissolved. Add this to the pot and heat gently, stirring constantly, until it starts to steam. Turn off the heat and add the bee pollen and the vanilla. Stir until the bee pollen is dissolved and pass through a fine sieve to catch any lumps and the lemon zest. You may have to help the mixture pass through the sieve with a spatula. Cool in the fridge overnight or until completely cold.
- Add the cold cream in the bowl of your electric mixer and beat until it starts to thicken. Add the sweet condensed milk and continue beating until fluffy, then add the bee pollen/golden milk mixture and beat some more until stiff peaks form.
- Transfer into a container, cover with cling film and freeze for at least 8 hours or more.
- Scoop out and eat!
Calories 326 kcal, ServingSize 1 serving