HOMEMADE GRAVY WITH BACON GREASE | A ZESTY BITE
|1/4 cup bacon grease|
|3/4 cup all-purpose flour|
|3 cups whole milk|
|1 teaspoon crushed peppercorns|
|1 teaspoon salt|
- Add bacon grease a skillet over low/medium heat. Slowly whisk in the flour for about 2 minutes until clumps start to form. Pour in 1 cup of milk and stir until gravy thickens about 3 minutes. Then add another cup and repeat until gravy is thick and creamy. Place heat on low and sprinkle in the salt and pepper.
BACON GRAVY FOR BISCUITS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Nikki Lakey
Categories: Pork Gravy
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
|1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated biscuit dough|
|4 thick slices bacon|
|¼ cup all-purpose flour|
|1 cup milk, or as needed|
|salt and pepper to taste|
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place biscuits in an ungreased baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 10 to 13 minutes or as directed on the package instructions.
- While the biscuits are baking, cook bacon in a deep skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 10 minutes. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate, reserving bacon grease in the skillet.
- Whisk flour into bacon grease until smooth. Add milk and continue to stir over medium heat until thickened.
- Crumble bacon into gravy and season with salt and pepper. Split biscuits in half and top with gravy.
Calories 281.6 calories, CarbohydrateContent 31.4 g, CholesterolContent 15.5 mg, FatContent 12.8 g, FiberContent 0.6 g, ProteinContent 9.7 g, SaturatedFatContent 4 g, SodiumContent 841.6 mg, SugarContent 6.4 g
BACON GRAVY RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 2 cups, 4 serving(s)
|6 slices bacon|
|2 tablespoons bacon grease|
|2 tablespoons flour|
|2 cups milk|
|salt and pepper|
- Preheat a large skillet to medium-hi. Place 6 slices of bacon in the skillet and cook until just under crispy.
- Remove bacon from skillet and drain; set aside. Discard all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease.
- Add flour to grease, and whisk together. Cook for about a minute without burning the flour.
- Add milk; whisk together.
- Heat until bubbling. Simmer for 5-10 minutes, until sauce starts to thicken.
- Meanwhile, crumble bacon. Add salt and pepper (to taste), and bacon to gravy. Allow to simmer until desired consistency.
- Serve over biscuits.
Calories 205.1, FatContent 16.3, SaturatedFatContent 7.1, CholesterolContent 31.4, SodiumContent 169.5, CarbohydrateContent 8.7, FiberContent 0.1, SugarContent 0, ProteinContent 5.8