GRILLED ASPARAGUS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Allrecipes Member
Categories: Asparagus Side Dishes
Total time: 18 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 3 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|1 pound fresh asparagus spears, trimmed|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|salt and pepper to taste|
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Lightly coat the asparagus spears with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill over high heat for 2 to 3 minutes, or to desired tenderness.
Calories 52.5 calories, CarbohydrateContent 4.4 g, FatContent 3.5 g, FiberContent 2.3 g, ProteinContent 2.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 0.5 g, SodiumContent 2.3 mg, SugarContent 2.1 g
PASTA WITH ASPARAGUS
Provided by: Gina
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
|1 lb thin asparagus (cut into 2″ pieces (tough ends trimmed))|
|6 oz uncooked pasta such as Ronzoni Smart Taste or Dreamfields|
|1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil|
|3 cloves garlic (crushed)|
|salt and fresh cracked pepper|
|1 large egg yolk|
|1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese|
- In a large pot boil 4 cups water with salt.
- When boiling, add asparagus and cook 3-5 minutes, until tender crisp.
- Drain asparagus in colander reserving 1 cup liquid before draining.
- Fill pot with salted water, cover and boil for pasta.
- When water boils cook pasta according to package directions for al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a sauté pan heat olive oil.
- Add garlic and cook until golden, add asparagus, salt and pepper and sauté about 1-2 minutes, tossing with oil and garlic.
- In a small bowl combine egg yolk, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, 1/4 cup reserved asparagus liquid, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- After pasta is drained return to pot and mix with egg mixture.
- Cook on medium-low about 2 minutes, until sauce thickens and sticks to pasta.
- Toss in asparagus and mix well.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- If pasta seems too dry add more reserved liquid a tablespoon at a time.
- Serve with additional grated cheese.
ServingSize 1 1/4 cup, Calories 227.6 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 38.3 g, ProteinContent 10 g, FatContent 7 g, SaturatedFatContent 2 g, CholesterolContent 50 mg, SodiumContent 73.5 mg, FiberContent 6.9 g, SugarContent 2.2 g