ORIGINAL WAFFLE HOUSE WAFFLES RECIPE – THEFOODXP
Provided by: Samah
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
|1 ½ cup All-Purpose Flour|
|1 teaspoon Salt|
|½ teaspoon Baking Soda|
|1/2 cup Granulated Sugar|
|2 tablespoon Softened Butter|
|2 teaspoon Shortening|
|½ cup Half and Half|
|½ cup Milk|
|¼ cup Buttermilk|
|¼ teaspoon Vanilla Extract|
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl. Stir to combine.
- Lightly beat the egg in another medium bowl.
- Add the sugar, butter, and shortening and mix well with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the half and half milk, buttermilk, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture while beating. Mix only briefly. It's okay if there are small lumps in the batter since over-beating could produce too tough waffles.
- Cover and chill overnight (You can use batter right away if you like, but a good 12-hour chill makes a better batter).
- Rub a light coating of vegetable oil on your waffle iron or use a non-stick cooking spray.
- Preheat the waffle iron. Leave the batter out of the refrigerator to warm up a bit as your waffle iron is preheating.
- Spoon 1/3 to 1/2 cup batter in iron. Cook 3-4 minutes or until brown
- Serve it with your favourite topping, be it a Fruit Mix, a Spicy Veggie, or a Great Caramel Syrup. It goes just perfectly with all of it.
Calories 314 kcal, FatContent 13 g, CholesterolContent 58 mg, SodiumContent 560 mg, CarbohydrateContent 45 g, FiberContent 0.8 g, SugarContent 20 g, ProteinContent 7 g, ServingSize 1 serving