LOMO SALTADO – FUFU’S KITCHEN
A popular traditional Peruvian dish that resembles a stir fry. It consists of steak, french fries, onions, tomatoes, and a delicious tangy sauce. recettes au potimarron recettes.
Provided by: Heifa
Categories: Main Course
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
|1 lb Skirt Steak (cut into strips, Sirloin works great too)|
|1/3 cup Soy Sauce (or coconut aminos)|
|1/2 tsp Cumin|
|3 tbsp Aji Amirillo sauce (yellow pepper sauce) (This can be found at whole foods or in the latin section in supermarkets)|
|1 tbsp White vinegar|
|2 Red onions (sliced)|
|2 Large Tomatoes (cut into wedges)|
|4 Garlic cloves (crushed)|
|1 tbsp Fresh Ginger (crushed, optional)|
|2 tbsp Vegetable Oil (divided)|
|1 cup White rice (cooked)|
|2 cups French fries (make sure they are not oily)|
|Salt & pepper to taste|
|2 tbsp Cilantro (chopped)|
- First, add 1 tbsp of oil to a large skillet and cook the meat until browned and seared. This should take no more than 5 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and cumin. Set that aside.
- In the same pan, add the remainder of the oil. Add the onions, tomatoes, garlic, and ginger and saute together for several minutes until the onions are caramelized and translucent. Season with salt and pepper as well.
- Next, add the soy sauce, vinegar, aji amarillo and beef back to the pan. Mix together.
- Toss in the cooked french fries for a minute. Garnish with cilantro.
- Serve with white rice and enjoy!